Filming at Long Beach Airport
Long Beach Airport has been the scene of various features, television projects, and commercials. Located within the Studio Zone, the airport has various locations convenient for studio and independent productions. Due to construction and security requirements, access will be determined on a case by case basis. All filming on Long Beach Airport property must first be approved by airport administration to be processed for a permit by the City of Long Beach Film Office. Please contact LGB Public Affairs office with at least 2 weeks notice for scouting and filming assistance. For further information, contact Airport Public Affairs at: (562) 570-2678.
Film or Photography at LGB:
Contact Airport Public Affairs to conduct a preliminary location scout. In order to provide a permit for your production, the following information is required:
- Production date(s)
- Arrival and departure times
- Total numbers of cast and crew, with an estimated number of personal vehicles to be parked
- Number and type of production vehicles (i.e., camera, electric, grip, catering, trailers, etc.)
- Style of production values (still, video, 35mm and if your program is: a commercial, TV series, feature motion picture, reality, or student project, etc.)
- Lighting and HVAC requests (adjustments, on/off, modifications) for film sound and light quality
- Identification and use of props
- Aircraft uses
- Special effects (pyrotechnics require separate permits and a certified technician)
- Use of animals
- Facility alteration requests and services
- Use of simulated firearms or other weapons.